Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Reading List for 2009

Here are the books I have on my bookshelf waiting to be read in 2009. Some of these are new from Christmas, but most are either loaners or purchased at the thrift store. A few are new, bought on a whim. Anyway, here they are:
Ordinary People - Judith Guest
On Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan
Here Today - Ann M. Martin
Atonement - Ian McEwan
Three Cups of Tea - Gret Mortensen
Split: A Memoir of Divorce - Suzanne Finnemore
The Longest Trip Home - John Grogan
Certain Girls - Jennifer Weiner
Barrel Fever - David Sedaris
The Friday Night Knitting Club - Kate Jacobs
Good in Bed - Jennifer Weiner
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim - David Sedaris
When You Are Engulfed in Flames - David Sedaris
The Other Bolyn Girl - Phillipa Gregory
Ya-Ya's in Bloom - Rebecca Wells
The Lady of the Forest - David Guterson
True Believer - Nicholas Sparks
The Most Wanted - Jacquelyn Mitchard
The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing - Melissa Banks
Back When We Were Grownups - Anne Tyler
Fortune's Rocks - Anita Shreve
Theory of Relativity - Jacquelyn Mitchard
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (this is a re-read for book club)

As you can see, it's an eclectic mix! What are YOU reading? Send me suggestions - I'm sure I can squeeze in a few more books this year!

1 comment:

Shelly B said...

I'm reading Good In Bed now for a book club we started at work, or are starting next week (we decided to do a book a month). It's not too bad so far, but I'm only about 4 chapters into it. I haven't had much time to read this week but hope to finish it this weekend.