Friday, January 2, 2009

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR SCHOOL TO START AGAIN!!!

I feel really guilty saying this, especially considering we were without kids for almost a whole week, but they are driving me CRAZY! Our quiet reverie was rudely interrupted with the arrival of the three H's on Weds. afternoon (within 20 minutes I was called "stupid" and later that day told "you can't control what we do"), and then A arrived the day after that so now all four are home and bickering non-stop! They have been off school since Dec. 17 so that makes 17 days and counting. They will go back to school at day 20 and that is just WAY too long for a vacation, especially one where they have done nothing more than sit around, watch TV, play on the computer, stay up late and eat junk food. I cannot wait for some structure and routine. Whenever our kids are at their other parents' houses, and they come home, there is always an adjustment period (longer for longer periods of time away) and this adjustment period is especially ugly for some reason. Too much of everything, I guess. All I know is Monday can't come soon enough..............

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Poor Mo. :( I am not looking forward to the teenage years after all I've heard. I think I will just keep my monkey little forever!

Shelly B said...

I'm with you. I can't wait for school to start Monday either and my kids break didn't start until the 24th. They are bickering non-stop, well they do stop but that's when they are sleeping.

Just two more days....

MAMMA said...

AAAWWW!!! Wait until you only have 2 left at home and 1 that comes and goes without restrictions (meaning only home every 3rd day or so when the laundry needs done) I never thought I'd miss it but I DO!! Hayden and Maddy get along so well these days that they actually make plans together, or they have their own sets of friends over and stay separated. I have been letting multiples stay over (3 extra boys and 1 extra girl last night) just so I have some commotion in the house! :-) I don't even know how to make breakfast for only 3 kids!
I NEVER want to retire!!
Love, M2

P.S. My word verification for this comment was "screamdo" hahaha! I thought that was appropriate!