Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration

Yesterday I got to watch a little bit of the inauguration.....not much, just Obama's speech and the poem and benediction after (which was hysterical at the end - "where brown can stick around, where yellow can be mellow, and where the Red Man can get ahead, man"), and then after that I really couldn't watch more because I was working. So, I missed all the other good stuff. But just from reading posts on my Facebook this morning, it seems the general consensus is that people are pretty happy to have a new president. I'm not much for politics, but I do hope things change for the better. Although in all honesty I think things are going to get worse before they get better, but that is the natural way of things. To turn our economy around will take time and a lot of work. Patience, patience. But it's hard to wait. And we all have our stories of how the economy has affected us. We are personally feeling the effects right now and it's not easy. But today is a new dawn.........go Obama! Make us proud.

No comments: