Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Condom Candy!

Yeah, I bet you're wondering what THIS post is about......and it IS about condoms. Which are NOT candy. But can appear deceivingly so when packaged with bright colors and placed in plain view at the pharmacy. Today while waiting for a prescription to be filled, Harrison and I were waiting amongst the display (right in front of the pharmacy counter) of "his and hers" KY hot oils, flavored "personal lubricant" and an attractively packaged box of Lifestyle "colors" condoms. He definitely got the part that it was for S-E-X (which he later confirmed for me and yes, he DOES know how babies are made) but he did NOT know what a condom was and what it was for. So, there I am, driving to pick up the girls explaining to my son about "ejaculation" and birth control. Nice. Thank you Fred Meyer for giving me such a wonderful "jumping off" point for a conversation about the birds and the bees and their many accessories. I think I'll start getting my prescriptions filled at the drive-thru window at Walgreen's.

No comments: