Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm suffering from CRS!

Ok, so I've been a bit forgetful lately. Chalk it up to being over 40, or perhaps, as Great Auntie Tina says, a side-effect of having a cold, but I have done some pretty stupid things these past few days! For one thing, I answered an email to Gr. A Tina that I had already answered! (Usually I'm so good about deleting those I've already responded to). Then, I forgot to get Harrison's prescription filled even though I'm sure he's out of his medicine. And today was a whopper - I completely spaced his doctor appointment! Just forgot. Didn't even remember until way after dinner and hours after the appt. This was just his well-child check (guess if he was sick, it would be easier to remember!) and I only just scheduled it last week, but still! I had it in my calendar and everything. Honestly, I think what threw me off was that Jeff was home. And so when I arrived home and he was here, I just assumed "home" mode and didn't think about going out at all. The other day my dad said things were good with him but he suffered from CRS. I started to ask him what that meant, but then it dawned on me. Can't Remember Shit. Yeah, I think I'm definitely having an acute case. Perhaps I should just go to bed now.

3 comments:

MAMMA said...

Forgetfulness is a sign of...well alot of things, but I always blame mine on the fact that I have too much rattling around in my head to keep it all straight. A couple of years ago I bought a nice 2 year calendar that fits into my purse so I could keep track of everything. I wrote in it faithfully, every single thing, and one day when I had it out to write yet another thing, Maddy looks at it and says "WOW, Mom, you have alot of crap in there!"
Point is, we just have too much crap! The calendar is still in my purse, void of a single entry except for highlighting the days I work. I like it much better now! :-)

Sydney said...

Hehe. Good one... I get this from time to time too.

Mimi/Papa said...

Another sign of forgetfullness is when you sign a Christmas card with not only your two oldest kids, but replace the younger two with the names of your nieces: M.C. from David, Monica, Sydney, Justine, Hayley and Hannah!! Yes, folks, that was a keeper of a card! (Her other younger kids were Maddison and Hayden!)..Hayley and Hannah are her sister's girls! Oh boy...I fotgot my best friend's name once...very embarassing!! LOL Love you, all you forgetful people! Mimi/Mom/dianne