Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Have a Headache

Literally and figuratively. My head just hurts trying to make this decision about moving/not moving. Here's the situation - a job in Seattle that doesn't pay enough (we were barely making ends meet with Jeff's previous salary, and this salary is considerably less, plus I'm not getting my full child support these days.........so, we'd have to learn to live on a LOT less, and worry about making the bills each month), but a job that's close, the stability of a good community/friends/neighbors, living in our house which we can't sell anyway........or moving to Post Falls, taking a loss on our house, going into unfamiliar territory, taking a huge risk, but making a better salary (still less than before!). The cost of living there would be less, but we would start out at a disadvantage, having just dumped our house (or worse, not being able to sell it for months/years). It's waaayyyyy too much. I've remained calm and supportive throughout this layoff business and I'm starting to feel myself unravel now. I don't like stress. Not this kind of stress anyway.........I wish we could just snap our fingers and make a decision. Jeff negotiated a tiny increase in salary for the Seattle job, and tomorrow will try to negotiate a better deal with the Post Falls job and by Friday morning, a decision will have to be made. My stomach is in knots. What to do?? Feel free to weigh in. We're certainly no closer to a decision today than we were yesterday.

1 comment:

Shelly B said...

I would probably take the job that he would like not the one that is just work. You can list your house and stay in it until it sells. Maybe Jeff can find a room to rent for a few months until the house sells and come home on the weekends. Goodluck with this tough decision.