Monday, April 20, 2009

Between 1 and 5

I just hate it when you are waiting for a delivery and are told your "window" is from 1-5 p.m. What the hell is that? I'd like that job, thank you. "Mom, can you help me with my homework?" "Sure, honey, I'll be around between 1 and 5 to help you answer those questions!" Like I have all day to just sit around and wait for a very large and sweaty delivery man to drop an enormous box containing my treadmill (on top of a pallet, thank you very much for that piece of crap that I now have to burn). He didn't speak, only grunted "sign at the bottom" while sweat beads rolled down his cheeks. I took pity on him and offered up two water bottles, which he gratefully accepted. Oh, and the time? 4:45 p.m. Of course.

So, now we have this treadmill and our original plan was to put it in the garage. Until the instructions specifically said to keep it indoors and away from dust and dirt (well, hell, in my house there is dust and dirt INSIDE as well!) So, now we have this HUGE chunk of metal standing rather prominently in the family room. Obscuring the view of the room, which, in most cases wouldn't bother me (who wants to see old socks and empty DVD cases anyway?) but this thing is just so THERE! Very obvious and unsightly. We even had to move the recliner out of the room and since there's no other place to put it, we'll probably have to give it away! Not that this breaks my heart too much. I despise that recliner (and the matching black leather couch - SO "bachelor").

We decided an alternate plan would be to put it in the dining room (literally the ONLY other place in the house with enough space for this behemoth). However, after huffing and puffing to carry it inside and put it together, Jeff is about to explode (and I use that term literally, as his hernias are giving him fits after all that lifting!) so any moving of the treadmill won't happen soon. Also, we can't use it until we get some type of surge thing-a-ma-bob for the outlet. LAME!! I really hope we can get it up and running soon (and in a better place!) so it doesn't become yet another place to hang clothes, as many pieces of exercise equipment are doomed to be!

Ah well, I didn't feel much like running tonight anyway............

2 comments:

Mimi/Papa said...

If it's that bothersome to you at the present, think what you're going to think/do with it in the future...?? How about building a room on to house it? Make the girls clean up their rooms and add it to their room..? Or Harrison's room..? OR...send the damn thing back! Lord knows, you can get something more reasonable in size from somewhere else!! haha And so the chaos continues in Bothell, Washington!

chemrulz said...

here's a thought...run outside...the rain is cleansing and except when in the midst of a blinding snowstorm quite peaceful...I don't recommend running in a blinding snowstorm! But having it in the middle of the living room is an awesome idea, what better motivation than to have the "behemoth" sitting there taunting you? I mean who is going to win that battle? You by using it or it by constantly staring you in the face saying,"aaahhh, another sucker, well at least I've got a great home! Bring on the clothes." Run baby run! In the winter time mine gets about 400 miles, take that treadmill! Who's the boss now?