Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camp Killoqua
















For the Memorial Day weekend we went with two other families, the Micheals and the Churchs and headed to Camp Killoqua. This is a Camp Fire resident camp (all the girls went for a week last year) that holds a family camp over Memorial Day. It's a great time, with "funyaking", boating, fishing, s'mores, climbing wall, rope swing, hiking, trading post and sitting around the campfire whittling sticks. Amazingly, we got six kids (we picked up a couple of extras) and two adults, AND all our crap into our van. We did use the car top carrier, but we were packed to the gills. Arlie said "I don't need my seatbelt! If we crash, I'm not going anywhere!" It was like one of those clown cars when we unpacked and peeled each child from their respective space in the car. We all managed to get along in the cabin (8 bunks -we filled 'em up!) and everyone slept pretty well. Except for Hayley. Who woke me up TWICE to tell me I was snoring!! But I digress.....

Drew (Hannah's guest) caught his first fish (and went fishing for the first time ever) and Arlie, Harrison and Rylie went "funyaking" for the first time. The funyaks are like mini kayaks for kids. Very cool! Jeff and I rowed out on the lake to get some great photos of the kids and we got some awesome group photos (I'll include the five best here since Blogger only lets me add five photos per post!).

The downside? No alcohol! I mean, what's a campfire without a beverage with which to enjoy it? Ah well, we managed. The dogs spent the weekend in the doggy hotel (which cost me three times as much as the cost of the camping trip!) and everyone is home now, and ready to go back to school. Oh wait, I'M ready for the kids to go back to school........

It was a great time. OH, I almost forgot the BEST part - it was sunny the WHOLE TIME! Now, when does that happen around here? Never. So, it was a perfect weekend. Good times and good friends. Good food, too! It really felt like the kickoff to summer.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Just real quick, you can add more than 5 pics per post, you just have to add them 5 at a time. Not sure if you know that or not. After the first set is done uploading, just click the "done" button and then open the window once again for the add. The first pics will be there and then you can add 5 more (and do this as many times as you want... some of my posts have had up to 30 pics! haha). Just wanted you to know in case you didn't! :) Love love!