Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Peanut Butter!

I really love peanut butter. Creamy, crunchy, it's all good! For one thing, peanut butter is a cheap and easy way to make lunch every day. Who cares if the kids get sick of it? Too bad. Arlie used to hate peanut butter. I wasn't sure why, but I finally just put a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in her lunchbox one day and she was a fan! And who wouldn't be? You've got creamy peanut butter, all smooth and tasty, which spreads lovely on bread, crackers, apples and the like. Crunchy peanut butter which is amazing in peanut butter balls (homemade of course, and SO delicious, they disappear faster than I can make them!). Peanut butter is a protein powerhouse and the fat? Oh yeah, the good kind! You can put a scoop of peanut butter in a smoothie for a protein punch. Dogs love a little bit of peanut butter in their Kong toys - keeps them entertained for hours (I buy them their own jar - I'm not sharing mine with dogs!). You can put peanut butter on an Eggo waffle (even better with a dab of strawberry jam). You can even make amazing peanut satay with plain ole peanut butter - and it's a main dish! When I'm craving something sweet, peanut butter often fills the bill. A little spread between two graham crackers (with just a dab of Nutella, peanut butter's best friend, spread in there for a bit 'o' chocolatey taste) satisfies my sweet tooth - large glass of cold milk, please! Peanut butter is even so good, you can eat it right off the spoon and it fills you up, gives you a protein boost and keeps you licking your lips for a long time! Peanut butter even doubles as entertainment - give a spoonful to your dog and sit back and watch the show (small spoon is a "movie short" while a large spoon might be a "double feature"). Oh yes, peanut butter is the most amazing food ever! And it's even better with chocolate! Oh, don't get me started on chocolate..............

1 comment:

Shelly B said...

I miss peanut butter. Soy butter is ok occasionally but definitely not the same. Who becomes allergic to peanuts in their 30s??? Oh yeah me!!!