Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stop Touching My Stuff!!! Or Bad Dog Shade, part ??

My recent posts about there being no respect or boundaries for other people's stuff in the house can now extend to the DOG! Shade, to be exact. He has taken to hopping up on our bed at night. Now, when my sheets were in need of changing, I didn't mind (just this one night and I'll change the sheets tomorrow - however, that changing sheets thing didn't happen the next day or the day after that, or the day after that, but I digress.......). The thing is, while I appreciate that the dog is old and surely more comfortable on OUR bed, he has a perfectly adequate blanket and pillow (yes, his OWN pillow) at the side of our bed which should suit any dog just fine. The REAL problem here is Jeff. Because he LETS the dog get up in the bed and then claims "he just jumped up and wouldn't listen to me when I said to jump down." Yeah, right! True, he has NO control over his dog (we all know who the real alpha dog is around here!), but seriously? Last night I got in bed and not only was Shade lying on MY side (as usual) but his BUTT was on my pillow! It's one thing to have him lie at the end of our bed (preferably on his own blanket so as to keep the dog hair to a minimum), but this dog claims my side as if it's his own, and then has the nerve to plant his backside on my pillow where I put my FACE? I think not. Needless to say, I lost it! I ranted and raved, pointing out how hard I work and how difficult it is to find time to wash sheets in the face of our ridiculously huge laundry piles, and how these were brand-new, clean sheets just put on the bed, etc. and ended with "I want a new pillowcase," slammed the bathroom door behind me and proceeded to get ready for bed. (Jeff did get me a new pillowcase, but still.......). I think the real problem, and what set me off, was that it's like there is NO space in this house I can call my own. The bathroom gets overrun with the girls taking my makeup, my bed is claimed by the dog. No wonder I sit and read on the toilet! It might only take me a few seconds to take care of business in there, but I will sit and finish a chapter of my book because it's the only place I KNOW I can be alone, no one bugging me (and that's not even entirely true, because the kids and Jeff will stand outside the door and talk to me!!). I just think my bedroom should be my sanctuary, at least a place I can escape and know that my ONE HALF of our queen-sized bed is mine and will remain undisturbed until such time as I would like to crawl in and escape (for about five hours, since that's all the sleep I get these days anyway). I swear, if things keep up like this, I'm going to rent a studio apartment for myself. When I want to escape, I'll say something like "I need to pick up a few things at the store!" and I'll race to my apartment where I'll bliss out in total solitude! And perhaps drink tequila straight from the bottle. SIGH.........

4 comments:

Jeff said...

It is true that Shade has developed this habit but guess who first invited him up on the bed and continues to extend the inviation? MO indeed!:)

So, last night he hops up on the bed and I made him go down to the foot of the bed where he belongs and like 1 minute before M-L walks in the dog gets up, scruffs up the sheets and blanket on M-Ls side and plops down with his rear facing the pillow (not on the pillow). I was in the process of telling Shade that he was making a big mistake when in walks M-L, I just figured she would move his ass back down to the end of the bed and we would be done with it. Opps, I thought wrong:)

I guess I'll have to get another lead and lash his ass down to the dresser so he is forced to sleep in his dog bed. Stupid dog:)

Mimi/Papa said...

Tequila sounds good, but when I drink it, I think I am still 36-22-38 (hell, that was over 40 yrs. ago)and parading around in my "new" body isn't exactly a great turn on, you know? haha I am with you about the flat..but, you could escape to a hotel room until the flat is built!! haha

MAMMA said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I just read back-to-back blogs and Jeff went from lover to loser in about 1 1/2 minutes! Typical man!
I feel the same way about Pongo.He is on his last legs and Justine doesn't want us to put him down until she gets home to say goodbye, but it is getting harder and harder watching him struggle every day. he will not move out of anyones way if he is laying in the kitchen and instead of making him move, we have all just gotten used to stepping over him no matter how full our arms might be. It will not be long now and I figure he may as well have some run of the house in his old age.
Good dog, Shade! :-)
Love, M2

Sydney said...

I've NEVER had a 22-inch waist. Not even when I was born, I'm sure. Freaking Mimi. And yeah, I can't imagine with as many people as you live with, but I demanded my "own" space here and now I have a "craft corner" that is all mine! No Stu or Kaden stuff allowed. It's wonderful. :)