Saturday, July 4, 2009

Green Day!

From Jeff's cell phone.......hmmm......I think that's Billie Joe?
Me with the tour bus!

Me and Jeff waiting in line for the show!

Jeff with the tour bus!
Explosions! Actually these were just graphics......
Armstrong, center stage......and Mike.......
Hey, I've seen this picture before......oops!
The first pyrotechnics......
He used many different guitars.....
During the "gay for a day" song.........
Me taking a picture of myself in my new concert t-shirt!

I totally scored on some tickets to Green Day for Jeff's birthday. I didn't even know they were in town, but a woman in my yoga class mentioned she had two extra tickets. It was Thursday, Jeff's actual birthday, and the show was Friday. I thought, perfect! He's a total Green Day fan, and I knew he'd love it. So, I said I'd take them. Well, Jeff was surprised and thrilled to be going. We got down to the Will Call area to meet her for the tickets and they told her they had canceled the order (she already had tickets through someone else!). Lucky for us, there were still tickets available (and cheaper!), and although they were one section higher, we still got a great view of the show. It was amazing! The opening band, The Bravery, left something to be desired, but Green Day took the stage by storm, opening to explosions of pyrotechnics and showers of sparks. Billie Joe Armstrong did not disappoint at all with his amazing vocal range. The guitar, drums, everything was incredible. They did old songs, new stuff, even some "Shout" and "Stand by Me". They started off the show by pulling a little boy about 10 or 11 on stage for some dancing (he was visibly shaking!), then another time pulled both a woman and a man to take their turns at singing "Longview". Later, they got a guy who played guitar to "Jesus of Suburbia" and he was amazing! There was some stage diving and some crowd surfing, but it was a pretty tame concert (and we appeared to be in the "family" section! HA). They tossed t-shirts and drumsticks to the crowd, and squirted the audience with high-powered water guns. The show ended with one of my favorite songs EVER (and the reason I discovered Green Day in the first place), "Good Riddance (Time of your Life)" - and it was incredible! The whole show was just awesome. Definitely a must-see! This was their first date of the new tour (yes, opened in Seattle!) so if they come to your town, GO! The audience ranged in age from young kids to the elderly, so it's amazing the influence they have on every generation. Pretty cool. And a night to remember with my husband on his birthday. He said it was the "best gift ever"! (sorry for the bad photos - we only had cell phones........)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

It was awesome! A great show. That Billie guy has too much energy to give a way. I won't soon forget the show.