Saturday, July 11, 2009

Things that bug me!

Ok, yeah, I've probably posted one like this before, but something just bugged me and it inspired me to post again about things that bug me! Feel free to add your own pet peeves in the comments section! :)

So, the thing that inspired this was the stack of clean dishes on the counter next to the sink. I mean, yes, I do appreciate that Jeff handwashes the dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher (and that is a lot of dishes every day!), but then he stacks them to "dry" and leaves them there for days like some sort of kitchen art. A sculpture of pots, pans, bowls and knives. Lovely. Just put them AWAY!

Can't stand it when people say "expresso." It's "espresso" - no "x" in there at all!

People who do not RSVP to a party. I mean, I get it, we're all busy. But to not RSVP at all or not until the last minute implies you're waiting for something better to come along, or you're just too inconsiderate to let me know if you will or will not be coming (it's an easy question to answer, really....). Just RSVP! And do it right away. Geesh, evite makes it so easy. And you can't click a button? Here's an idea - if it takes you that long to decide if you want to come to my party, just don't come. You're probably not that fun anyway (and yes, I do keep track, and will stop inviting you after a couple of no shows, works the same way with my Christmas card system - no card for two years? See ya!). Your loss! Real friends show up.

Dirty kitchen counters.......I can't stand it when I see dribbles of chocolate syrup or crumbs from the cereal box on the counter. Just wipe it off! So simple, yet so elusive.......

Long commercials. I don't watch a lot of TV but today, in a rare moment of couch potato-ness, I was watching a Lifetime movie with Hannah. And this commercial came on advertising a lawsuit settlement against Hydroxycut. It repeated the same information over at least three times. The best part? When it advised you to call if you had "suffered death." WTF?

Lame writers. Not that I'm any expert, but I know what I like when I read it. And I did not so much enjoy my last book "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber. It was work getting through it and that just defeats the whole purpose of reading a book. And not because it was hard to read, no, rather is was so SIMPLE! I mean, there was a character named Ellen in the book. She's 8 years old. After the first introduction, you know this, but she was referred to "the eight-year-old" "the child" "Ellen" "Ellen Falk" and any other variation you could think of. Maybe some editors advise this sort of thing to break up the monotony, but to me it sounded like filler. And I hate filler!

People who are too serious in their posts on Facebook or give out too much information (such as about their illness or the status of a long-lost aunt who's in the hospital - who really gives a crap?) I don't get on FB to hear bad news! Save that for your "real" friends, not 300 of your most superficial friends on Facebook! Maybe that's being too harsh, I mean, it's a good way to get the word out, but some things just don't need to be shared.........

Ok, that's enough for now. All this negativity is making me want chocolate! :)

3 comments:

Mimi/Papa said...

LOL YOu crack me up! There are so many of your pet peeves that are also mine, but you said it for me, too...especially the one about sharing TMI...I did have a person on my FB that finally got deleted because she was "so happy to be in his arms all night" ("his" being unidentified and still is, and I ask you, who gives a royal shit about her unexciting life?) and then another I deleted because I knew her move to another state was only going to last six months, if that, and now her latest FB is that she's going to miss his love but that life brings about all sorts of changes when you aren't expecting them....oh boy! They are gone and guess what? I don't miss any of their drivel! LOL

jeff said...

Right back at you - put them away!

:)

MAMMA said...

I'm with Jeff! If you wash them, domeone else puts them away (why do you have 4 kids in the house???) Also, I have a souple to add - ok, a FEW
1. a child who eavsdrops on adults conversation
2. white clothes (anyone want to fold my basket of socks??)
3. FB drama
4. I'm with you on the poor writers - Twilight was the worst!!