Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Good Things........

Just time for a quick update. Nothing much in the past few days except I'm SO TIRED! I swear I'm getting old. And menopausal. Wow. Hayley has been super busy with ASB stuff and registration today for jr. year. That cost me over $200 for ASB sticker, planner, yearbook, spirit gear, and pictures. Yikes. I checked the bank statement. Taking out the mortgage we'd have about $300 left over but, oops, we have $322 worth of bills to pay, plus we need a few groceries for camping (and never mind we have to EAT till the next paychecks come), and we have to pay the dogsitter for this weekend while we're camping! UGH! I am so sick of being broke. Oh well, story of our lives, right? Us and a zillion other people. Time to appreciate what we have. And go for experiences rather than things! I'm already thinking about "homemade" Christmas ideas.

Arlie came back tonight after two weeks away. She is so missed when she's gone and so happily received back into the fold of the family. The kids are glued to her side (well, Hannah and Harrison are, Hayley is glued to the TV!). It's so cute to see how sweet they are for at least a while after she comes back. Everyone is happy and no one is fighting. I love that immensely!! That's a good thing.

Kids gave me a fashion show tonight trying on clothes. That was a good thing, too. I ordered everything online from Old Navy, spent about $100 per kid (which was amazing for all we got) and most everything fit and was cute. They were happy and I didn't have to spend one minute at the mall with bored kids! Yay for online shopping. What a good thing! And love Old Navy.

We're going camping tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to it because we're going with our great neighbors, Amy, Jason and Abbie and Carla and Mike. They are our best friends in the neighborhood and we've been planning this trip for a while. We're staying in some new yurts so it should be a fun experience! Plus, we are on the Stillaguamish river (my favorite!) and we're going to try our hands at fishing in the river. So, that's a good thing too!

Harrison and I baked snickerdoodles and cocoa-oatmeal fudge together tonight. He really loves to cook and bake and it was nice to pull him away from the TV for some cooking instruction, with delicious results!

Ok, I feel better now that I've layed out some "good things" on my blog. Today had some major stresses and I got pretty bogged down but I'm feeling a lot better now! Gonna go have a snickerdoodle and some milk!

3 comments:

Mimi/Papa said...

You picked a good weekend to go camping! All you'll see on tv is the Kennedys, Kennedys, Kennedys!!! I mean, who cares? I hope you have a fun time and sometime when I get really, really old, you'll have to scoop us up from our assisted living home and take us with you camping. By then we should be old enough (me anyway) to not pay any attention to sand in the beds, spiders crawling around or the occasional snake slithering about! Hummm...guess that would be when I"m at least 99...can you imagine ME living to annoy you kids until I'm 99?? hahahahahahaha I surely hope this is true...I'd love it! Your loving mother!

jeff said...

There are a lot of good things. You just have to let that one big thing go and cope the best that you can. No sense losing years off your life worrying about something you don't have control. We just do what we can and then keep doing what we can.

I didn't know Carla and Mike were going with us? That's great!

I'm really looking forward to fly fishing after about at least 10 years.

MAMMA said...

Was that "fishing with your hands in the river" or just "fishing in the river" - I never know when Jeff is going along what interesting woodsman things he may be getting all of you to participate in! :-) I'm glad you are getting away for one last time before school starts. We were supposed to go camping but I have to sign up both kids for school