Saturday, October 24, 2009

Beautiful Fall!

A canopy of color in Canyon Park

This beautiful tree-lined walk with a carpet of leaves is adjacent to hell - or what I like to call Jeff's old workplace! :)

This big, old tree is outside my doctor's office

I found this leaf in the parking lot of the dermatologist's office

Outside a medical building in Woodinville

Spider I spotted in the parking lot of the dermatologist's office

The spider had a friend....... (by the way, I hate spiders!)

Pretty fall leaves mixed in with something evergreen

The park outside the Seattle Times building in Bothell

Park outside Seattle Times - see the crooked tree? I took this from my car while waiting at a stoplight.........

Park near Seattle Times building in Bothell

Near Seattle Times building, some fallen, wet leaves.......

Big drops!

Wet leaves......

Tiny drops!

Loved these softer colors.......

This tree was still turning.....

Just going from green to yellow here......

Red and yellow - striking contrast!

Red!

Love the mix of colors here........

More pretty contrast.......

A little of everything here......
Leaf-strewn path........
Love all the colors here. This is just outside a complex of offices.......

So many leaves.........

This tree looked like it had a face!

A path to somewhere.....

Beautiful fall......

Yellow everywhere!
Over the past few days, I've taken the time to photograph the many fall colors we've had here in Bothell. We don't have as distinct seasons as other places often, so it's really nice to see the fall colors coming out. I had imagined taking a drive to someplace in the "country" to see fall color, but time never permitted so I thought why not here at home? So many beautiful trees were around, and most of them were right in the places I'm at everyday - the grocery store, doctor's office, along a frequently traveled road. So, I kept my camera in the car and pulled over whenever I saw something I liked. I even took some photos from the car while waiting at a light! Alas, just a few days later, many of these trees had lost most of their leaves, so I think I timed it just right! I loved capturing this on camera and really appreciated how much beauty is around me every day. I just had to stop and look!

No comments: