Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My day off........

Tomorrow is my day off. Well, I say that sarcastically, because, even though I don't "work" at my paid job on Monday and Thursday, I find those days to be jam-packed with appointments, commitments, etc. so much so that I never find time to just chill and enjoy a "day off". I start those days with yoga, so while that is something I do for ME (and the only exercise I get most weeks), I don't get home and turned around to go out or whatever until around 11 so the day just flies after that (esp. considering Hayley normally gets home at 2:15 so if I'm trying to be home by the time the kids are.......well, you see how short the time is).

Anyway, tomorrow, for example, I will go to yoga and immediately after, head to the hospital for my annual mammogram. Now, we all know how much fun those are (refer to my blog of about a year ago). But here's the kicker.......you can't wear deodorant, lotion, powder, nothing before the exam. So, I'm going to yoga sans deo, which ought to produce some aromatic results! I wonder if swiping a baby wipe under your arms counts? Because I will surely need to do that after to avoid offending the examiner.

Then, as if that was not going to be enough fun for the day, I get to head from there straight to the dentist for a crown! Now, I've never had a crown, so if it's a totally painful experience, please tell me now, because I am not looking forward to it at all! Plus, it's apparently a two-appointment thing so I have to go back next week. Oh, and? I just realized I have to take Arlie to a two hour gymnastics class right after. Usually Jeff does the Thursday gymnastics duties but not this week. Wanna know why? Because he's having "Oktoberfest" at his work and there's a beer making contest. He's kegging his beer right now. So, while he's pouring frosty mugs, I'll be sitting in gymnastics with bruised boobs and fat cheeks. Life is unfair!

1 comment:

jeff said...

And it was kind of fun pouring my beer with 12 other brews with German music and pictures in the background and german sausage and sour kraut and gerkins and people wearing funny clothes.

My favorite comment about my beer came from a woman who just returned from the real deal - Oktoborfest in Germany and she told me that my beer was as good as any she tasted over there:)