Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Amazing Birthday!

My morning "birthday cake" - Jeff has a sense of humor!

Arlie and Harrison singing Happy Birthday to me!

Jeff and his trusty video camera!

The birthday banner......we've had this awhile.....

Arlie's gift to me - handpainted shells with little messages inside - precious!

I tried to rotate this twice.....grr........Harrison's gift to me - he spent his allowance on a Starbucks card for me! My favorite place.......

I love, love, love this ring! Jeff really surprised me!

Birthday lunch at Azul with my friends!

Opening gifts.......

More gifts and a really big burrito.....

Shannon and I!

Thank God for only three candles!

Yummy cake that Amy made for me!

Cake carnage!

Me and Janet!

Peggy, Tracie, Priscilla, me

Carla, Janet, Amy, Lisa, me, Karin

The darling cake Hayley made for me!

Hannah and Hayley playing guitar and singing "The Best Day" for my birthday present! I LOVED IT! And I cried........
I had the BEST birthday! My morning started with "the birthday fairy" (the person who makes up a little cake out of donuts or brownies or whatever the birthday boy or girl likes, decorates the table, and makes a little presentation of presents on the table). I was presented with a beautiful diamond ring from my husband (so shocked!), which I love and is beautiful (and fits!).
Arlie gave me a box of handpainted shells and each one had a little message in it (so sweet and touching!). Harrison spent his allowance on a Starbucks card for me! (Guy after my own heart!). I then met my friends for lunch and it was such a nice celebration. I got so many beautiful gifts (and more Starbucks cards!) and funny cards. After lunch I browsed around the shopping center then met Amy W. for coffee. More funny presents, then home for my surprise from the girls. Hayley and Hannah treated me to a performance of "The Best Day" accompanied by Hayley on the guitar! It was so sweet and made me cry (see next post for video!). Jeff and I also had tickets to a play, but unfortunately, he is suffering from a nasty bout of the flu, so we postponed that and I stayed home and watched "A Christmas Story" with Harrison and Arlie while I read all my birthday wishes on Facebook. It was a relaxing night. All in all, a really great day! Thanks to all my great friends and my sweet family for making such a memorable day for me! LOVE YOU!

No comments: