Sunday, February 28, 2010

Before.........

This is me.......
I need to lose weight.......

My belly is my worst feature!

But this is who I am.........
So this is what I look like right now. I don't love my weight, in fact, it's not a healthy weight at all and I really need to do something to lose it. I've been keeping a food journal, and it's very apparent I do not eat as healthfully as I should, and I eat too much sugar! Sweets are my downfall and I eat something sweet at least a few times a day. I've been trying to consciously avoid the biggest saboteurs like pastries at Starbucks. I start most days on a really healthy kick - healthy cereal, fruit, etc. but it does downhill from there and I end most nights having something sweet and a glass of milk before bed. I have cholesteral that has recently (in the past five years) creeped over to the higher side, my blood pressure is fine (actually low), but my blood sugar is JUST under being diabetic, and I REALLY do not want to go there. I exercise most days, at least three times a week if not every day, but I obviously need to kick things up a notch. I'm meeting with a nutritionist next week so hopefully I will get some guidance and be on the right track. But it's really simple - eat less, exercise more! Something I've been struggling with for years. I'm not hung up on a size or a specific weight. I just want my "numbers" to be good and to feel comfortable in my clothes. So, here I go.........




1 comment:

Mimi/Papa said...

Hope your nutritionist will have lots of info for you! I know how depressing it is at times to weigh too much!! At my age, though, it's even more of a fight to get and keep it off! I hover around the same weight so am not gaining anymore, it just "readjusts" itself from time to time and when the adjustment makes me fit into a 14-16 pants, I'm really elated! haha I truly think my skinny days are over! Sigh.... Good Luck to you, of course, and we support your efforts on being as healthy as possible. We love you.