Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Job searching.......

Why is it so damn hard to find a job? I cannot believe how long and hard I've searched for a job and had absolutely NO leads, NO call backs, nothing. I've never had this much trouble finding a job. I guess it's fate - when I NEED a job the most, I can't find one. I am so desperate now, I'll do just about anything. I hate that I'm applying for jobs I absolutely DO NOT want, for pitiful pay, just because we need the money. Our stupid hot water heater cost $413, and today when we took the car in for service ($323 for oil change and 60K tuneup, which if you ask me, is RIDICULOUS), they told us we needed the brakes replaced ($800). Jeff says he can do that job himself, so I guess we'll still spend money on parts, etc. but WTF? How many more "emergency" expenses can there be? God forbid one of us gets sick or Jeff loses his job. If that happened, we would, quite literally, be homeless. We're already not paying our mortgage and we're still completely broke. We have $50 in the checking account, $0.31 in savings, and no paycheck in sight until Aug. 15. Somehow, we have to buy food for a camping trip, gas for said camping trip, gas and food and lodging for the Pig Pickin' trip, and the regular expenses. We've nearly maxed out two credit cards but what choice do we have really? Without a second income, we are sinking fast. It's becoming more and more ridiculous to try to hang on to this house, and the possibility of a foreclosure or (if we're lucky) a short sale, are becoming all too real. What in the world can we do? I feel sick all the time just thinking about it. Not to mention the kids will need school clothes, shoes, supplies and all the back to school fees. I hate this! I hate not having enough money just to get by. It's so overwhelming and such a desperate feeling. I feel like I have NO control over the job situation and it makes me crazy. I HATE IT!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I almost choked when I saw $323 for an oil change... then I read that it also included a tune up. But still, what in the world in a tune up is that expensive?? Dang. I agree - ridiculous. You will definitely save $ with Jeff doing the brakes though - Jason does all our car work - oil, brakes, tires, etc. - and we save a lot of money.