Sunday, August 1, 2010

When it rains............

Things are pretty craptastic around here. I mean, no one has cancer, we're all getting enough to eat and we still have a roof over our head (for now) so I really hate to complain...but could something go our way for once? It seems we are being hit on all sides. We're still in the process of figuring out if we're going to be able to keep our house. Unfortunately this "process" (or game as I like to call it) involves us not paying our mortgage so I feel like a squatter in my own home. We can't reapply until we're 60 days past due, or we'll just be rejected again. So, we are in a holding pattern.

Jeff injured his back in May and has been in near-constant pain since then. It's really weighing heavy on him and being in pain 24/7 has made him grouchy and miserable. Not being able to do anything about it sucks too. He has been to a couple of doctors already, one more tomorrow and had an MRI which shows some problems but no one seems to be able to "fix" them. It sucks watching him struggle through the day in pain and still try to do all the "stuff" around the house and work on his truck. He can barely move and the only thing that helps is laying in bed with his feet elevated.

We're so broke, we had to tell Arlie she couldn't do gymnastics anymore. This really sucked because she is really passionate about it, and we debated long and hard over whether to let her join the team this year and decided to go for it. But tuition time came up and we didn't have the money. And there's just nothing we can do about that. We did tell her (and the other kids) that we hoped to be able to sign them up for some classes in the fall (dance, musical theater) but no guarantees. Needless to say, she was very upset, but also an incredibly good sport about it. She's a great kid, I just wish we could give her this opportunity.

I still have not gotten ANY leads or responses to my job searching. I've applied for literally hundreds of jobs since December with no luck at all. No job = no money. Since school starts up in a month, I'm hoping I can just go back into subbing but it won't be enough. I really need a more permanent job. It's such a defeating experience.

On top of that, our water heater broke tonight and flooded our garage. We have absolutely NO money to replace it but we obviously have no choice. I guess our enormous credit card debt will just get bigger. Tomorrow I get to deal with that, AND clean out the garage and try to dry everything out (or throw it out).

Yeah, when it rains, it pours. And we don't even have an umbrella...........

No comments: