Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day and Mickey Mouse

So, yesterday was Valentine's day. I, I mean, the Valentine fairy, left heart-shaped M&M boxes and SweetHearts and cards for the offspring, and a box of Lindor truffles and a card for the manly man. He, in turn, followed my instructions to a "T" which went something along the lines of "I don't want any stupid, expensive flowers, or jewelry we can't afford, or chocolate - wait, chocolate is good. I want chocolate!" And then I went on to tell him I did NOT want any "stupid, cheesy card with a bunch of writing in it!" to which he replied "I don't get you cards like that" but I hold in my hand, right now, the birthday card he gave me that has a butterfly on the front and says "Some people make the world brighter just by being in it" on the front. I mean, that's nice and all, but I'd expect that from a co-worker or maybe one of my friends. I want something more meaningful from the better half, ya know? So, I instructed him to write me a letter or make me a card - I even left out craft materials in case he wanted to tap into his inner Martha Stewart (he didn't). So, here's what I got - a bag of Lindor truffles (dark chocolate - double yum!), a Lindt dark chocolate bar with almonds, and Lindor truffle "bites" which are basically mini versions of the aforementioned truffles. My card was a piece of red paper folded in half that said "I (drawn heart) you" and inside "Love, Jeff". He also noted on the side that it was "simple and sweet". I got a Tully's gift card and a pair of heart-shaped earrings (jewelry violation!!!) "wrapped" in a Tully's napkin! LOL! I LOVE THIS GUY!!!

Best of all, though, was surprising the kids with a trip to Disneyland. Now, mind you, this was not a Valentine's day gift (how would we ever top that?) but it was an occasion where we were all together so we surprised them with notes and little Mickey Mouse stuffed animals holding hearts (how appropriate). Enjoy the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfbpv1TRcyI

1 comment:

jeff said...

The jewelry was $7.50. Hardly expensive:)