Monday, June 6, 2011

This and that.........

Sometimes I'm surprised by how long I allow time to slip away between blog posts. It's not so much that I have nothing to write about (oh yes, I do!), it's more of a time issue and days slip away before I know it. Anyway, these are the things that haunt me........

I had the most fantabulous tuna melt at Burgermaster yesterday. It was delicious and cheesy and drippy and gooey and perfectly grilled, if not a little greasy, on the outside. But, darn the thing, it was SO crumby. And those annoying little greasy specks of buttery grilled bread went right down my shirt. Because my boobs get in the way. Of everything. And eating in the car is not my favorite. Because crumbs go down my shirt. And it's especially annoying when I am wearing what I fondly call my "tummy shirt" which is a convenient little item for girls like me. As in, not skinny. These shirts tuck right into your jeans and while they do not eliminate muffin top completely, they do smooth it out a little and spread the love around. Which may or may not be a good thing. And is definitely NOT a good thing when crumbs from a sumptuous tuna melt go down your cleavage and end up stuck against your tummy for the rest of the day, or until you go to the bathroom and shake yourself out.

While we're on the subject of boobs, I will also say that I accidentally honked the horn of my car with my boobs when I got home. Granted, I had a pile of stuff in my arms and was trying to maneuver my way out of the car but I leaned forward and .....HONK! Oops. My boob. I mean, my bad!

I remember my last post was about wearing a dress and looking nice, so I will mention that I am wearing a dress today. Because it was the volunteer brunch at school and I wanted to dress up. I could really use some Spanx in this thing, but it is what it is. I'm not sure how long I'll keep it on because I really need to do some cleaning and scrubbing so perhaps I'll change into some sporty capris and a man's shirt and tie my hair up in a bandanna for that Cinderella-chic look. Yeah.

In a pinch, a ruler makes a nice backscratcher. Tip of the day. Ahhh.

So, my oldest daughter is graduating this week. And I could say "holy cow, where did the time go?" and "I can't believe my baby is all grown up" and all that stuff, but the truth is, I knew it was coming all along. Who am I kidding? I was THERE, watching her grow up the whole time and I did nothing to stop it. What a terrible mother I am. Ah well, here we are and we're right where we should be. I'm pretty excited for her to make her way into the world, if not a little apprehensive at her inability to cook more than cupcakes and mac and cheese. Good thing they feed you at college. More on that later.....

In the meantime, I'm having guests this week and I'd really like my house to look nice. And perhaps smell nice and not like three dogs. And if the dust could be removed from the many surfaces it inhabits and the kids could keep their dirty clothes off the bathroom floor, that would be a nice bonus. I actually have a "to do" list a mile long and I KNOW I won't get a fraction of it done, but I did buy new towels and so there you have it.

Also, I have to make monkey cupcakes today. Well, I don't HAVE to, but I want to. Because tomorrow is my baby's last day of Bad Monkeys marimba band and there is a celebration and I want them to have monkey cupcakes. So, I will bake.

I realize my family has a loyal Facebook following. I can't count the number of people who say they read our Facebook posts and it "makes" their day. Apparently we're very entertaining. That's cool. We'll try to please our fans for as long as it lasts. Fame, as we all know, is fleeting.

We had the lamest garage sale ever this weekend. It was a beautiful sunny day, so who can blame anyone for going to the beach or park or taking the boat out on a day like that? It was one of the Pacific Northwest days that makes you realize you live in the most beautiful state. And I hope everyone enjoyed it, because I'm pretty sure that was summer. And now I have a garage full of crap to package up and give away. Stupid garage sales!

Well, I'm off! Time to procure monkey cupcake ingredients and refill prescriptions. The stuff of life. I took the day off to attend the volunteer brunch and I might as well make the most of it. Plus, the sun is shining through a bit of haze and it's warmer than 60 degrees outside so it's summer again today and I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Happy Monday!

No comments: