Friday, September 6, 2013

My favorite bloggers

I love bloggers. There are SO MANY bloggers out there, and I follow a few. I would follow a ton of them, but I'm afraid I'd end up with a blog list so long it would be impossible to read them all. So, right now, these are the bloggers I have on my reading list and I thought I'd share them with you.

TheBloggess.com: This is written by Jenny Lawson who is hilariously quirky. One of my favorite posts (and the one that led me to follow her is this. You should read it. It's funny. You can link to her blog here.

Confessions of a Pioneer Woman: This blog is written by Ree Drummond, who has become pretty famous for her blog and also her show on Food Network, which I have never seen because I hardly ever watch TV. But her blogs are great - and she writes on several topics, like life on the ranch in Oklahoma, cooking, photography, etc. She's witty and the pictures alone are worth a look. Check it out here.

People I Want To Punch In The Throat: Jen, the one-name author of this blog, writes with acerbic wit and sarcasm about everyday topics and what's in the news. She also wrote a book, "Spending The Holidays with People I Want To Punch In The Throat" which is a great holiday read, and a far cry from those other sappy holiday-themed books. Her kids' blog names are Gomer and Adolpha. Cracks me up. Get your daily dose of profanity and pissed-off-ness here.

Robin's Chicks: Robin O'Bryant, the author of this blog, is a Southern mama who writes about life with three little girls. But it's so much more. She's also the author of two of the funniest books, "Ketchup is a Vegetable" and "A Second Helping" which will leave you laughing all the way through. I discovered her when I saw "Ketchup" on Pixel of Ink for free and decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did. Robin is great and sweet and should be my best friend. Read her blog here and check out her books on Amazon.

MotherhoodWTF? This blog, written by Allison Hart, somehow made it to my blog reader list through another blog. Allison is funny and provides honest perspective about parenting young children. Although my own are nearly grown, I can relate and find a lot of her posts funny or thought-provoking. Check her out here.

Because I Said So. This blog, by Dawn Meehan, has evolved over the years as Dawn, a single mom of six kids, has moved from Chicago to Florida and started working as an educational assistant at a school. Her book of the same name was recently revised and reprinted after her divorce. While the blog can sometimes be somber, as she deals with the very real challenges of being a single mom, Dawn is also funny and reading about her six kids makes you feel like you're in her living room watching the action go down. She's just very "real" and most moms can relate to her honesty and openness. See her in action here.

That's the short list. I also read several personal blogs. I love finding new bloggers to read and am fascinated to read their stories and how they became "famous" bloggers. Often, the most mundane happening in life was turned into a blog post that took off. But best of all is that these are real women, living normal lives. I can relate to them. They make me laugh. I'd totally go have a drink with them.

Happy reading!

No comments: