Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Life in Instagram Pictures

I decided, after uploading a bazillion photos from my phone, to add a new feature to my blog - My Life in Instagram Pictures. Mostly just because I kind of love these pictures and so many of them were from so long ago - and each one is a unique memory. Looking at them again brought up a lot of thoughts and reminiscing. So, without further ado, my first post:


This one is called "Grandpa's Key." Jeff made me this necklace from an old key he found in Grandpa Vern's garage. Grandpa Vern is Jeff's mom's dad and Jeff spent a lot of time with him when he was young. Now, Grandpa is 93 and in failing health. As I write this he is in a hospital in California, having suffered from several heart attacks over the past few days. Treatment options include open heart surgery or pain meds and going home. Either way, it's not looking great. We just visited a little over a week ago and are going back next weekend. I love Grandpa's house and it holds a lot of memories for Jeff. It's sad imagining the inevitable. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

No comments: