Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembrance.........

Thirteen years ago today. The towers fell, the nation mourned and horrors previously unknown to a generation unfolded before our eyes. There was no escaping the shock and terror of September 11, 2001. Many people ask "Where were you?"

I was in my bedroom, just getting up for the day. My mom called me and told me to turn on the news. We did and then the kids came scampering in, like they did every morning, and I had to turn the TV off so they didn't see the awful images.

I was afraid to send the girls to school. What if some crazy person decided to use the chaos of the day to launch an attack on the school? I imagined a gunman unloading an automatic weapon on a group of school children. How could I know that very scenario would play out 11 years later in a quiet Connecticut town?

And I still can't wrap my head around how and why bad things happen. But they do.


September 11, 2001
Never Forget

No comments: