Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Still can't get it right!

So, I'm still having trouble getting photos on here. I tried uploading photos into photbucket, but then I got an error message. Maybe it's my computer. It's completely out of memory. Last time I made a new post, it disappeared. I thought I had lost it but when I checked this a day or two later, there it was! Hmmm.......

I just finished a great book - Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I loved it! I bought it a year ago but never picked it up. Finally, between book club books, I decided to read it. It was about the circus (you'd think I might have guessed that from the cover, but no, I thought it was about Africa or something). I won't spoil it, but it's definitely one of the "good" books I've read lately. Now I'm on to "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" which is our next book club book. I also want to read that Randy Pausch book - the guy who is dying from pancreatic cancer and did "The Last Lecture" (also the name of the book).

I've been working back in the dual-language kindergarten this week. Those kids crack me up. Two of them who sit near each other often discuss religion (of all things! they are five and six!). One of them said the other day "You know, if you don't believe in God, you ride a roller coaster straight to hell" to which the other replied "Yeah, where they torture you night and day!" I was just a little bit freaked out. What ever happened to "you're not my friend anymore because you took my purple crayon!"?

In other news, I hate dieting. Not that this is any huge revelation (duh) but I really suck at it. I've been "trying" to do Weight Watchers for just over a month. I've lost, um, let's see 2.6 lbs. I mean, what is that anyway? A good, healthy crap could weigh 2.6 lbs. And I'm just so BAD at it. I eat healthy most of the time, exercise pretty regularly, but if I want to eat chocolate chips out of the bag, that craving just won't go away. So, I eat them and wake up in the morning with a guilt hangover like an alcoholic who sneaked one too many chardonnays the night before. Oh the torture! But here's how I'm looking at it - I could walk outside and get hit by a truck tomorrow and if the last thing I ate was a carrot stick, how sad would that be? Now, a toffee almond bar from Starbucks? THAT'S a last supper.

Tomorrow I'm going to make Greek lemon/orzo soup with turkey. We cooked too much orzo the other night and it made me think of this awesome soup I used to have at a Greek restaurant in Fremont that was all lemony but kind of creamy, too. I found a recipe, and chances are, it won't resemble this soup in the slightest, but the idea is good. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I think this picture thing might have worked? If so, that's Harrison, Arlie and Rylie at the first half of the talent show! Arlie and Rylie performed but Harrison wasn't so lucky as the power went out midway through the show! So, his big performance is this Friday! Let's hope we're luckier this time (snow in May? It could happen!).

No comments: