Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jeff who?

I have NO IDEA how two posts showed up saying "Jeff"! I'm sure it was something stupid I did, but I have no recollection of it at all. Weird. Anyway, I don't even know what I would have been talking about because nothing earthshattering has happened to, with or by Jeff lately. Sorry, Jeff!

Anyway, I have been remiss in blogging. I think Facebook is to blame. I spend all my computer time on that and my email and don't have time to upload my photos and such on the blog. Plus, I think everyone who reads my blog is also on Facebook so uploading the photos twice is kind of a drag. But I will do it, it just seems to take me more time!

Kids started school today. Damn free education cost me a fortune. Between supplies, clothes and the actual costs of just GOING to school.....$500 for supplies, $600 for clothes, $160 for Hayley to register, checks for $6 and $7.50 for both Arlie and Harrison, and today I got a field trip form already which needed another $11.50 check. Such a money suck!!!

Turns out Harrison had NOTHING to wear. The kid had three pairs of shorts that fit. No jeans, no other pants at all. So, off we went to Target tonight and procured three pairs of jeans, one pair of athletic pants, a new pack of underwear, pack of white t-shirts for sleeping, three pairs of sleep pants, and a couple of t-shirts. He also needs new shoes, but apparently a size 7 1/2 in mens' shoes is impossible to find! Perhaps online..........

Poor Arlie picked out her whole outfit - pink and white shirt with hearts, skinny jeans, pink and white shoes to match, even matching nails (Hayley did them) and she wanted to show off her new hair so she tried to curl it a little. Ended up burning her chin pretty bad and now has an obvious mark! She was so bummed about it and embarrassed that people asked her about it! What a way to start 6th grade!

Hannah had a bunch of homework tonight. Hopefully she has better study habits this year! One of her teachers told the class "I don't care about your grade. Whatever you get doesn't affect me. Not my pay, not my effort, nothing. So, don't ask me to help you raise your grade." Wow. Ok.

Hayley starts tomorrow. I will be posting pics soon of the first day and also our great camping trip to River Meadows park!

1 comment:

Never Fear, Hannah is Here! said...

Yes, and after my teacher gave an entire lecture about not caring what grade we get, he then said," Not to be a jerk or anything!" Really?