Thursday, September 3, 2009

Three Years of Wedded Bliss (for the most part!)

Jeff and M-L on our engagement day!

Today is our third anniversary! Jeff has this very annoying (and totally endearing) habit of doing "research" on anniversaries and getting gifts that go with the "theme" of the anniversary (example, last year it was "cotton" and "red" and I got red cotton towels, and white and red cotton t-shirts). Practical and thoughtful. So, I'm sure he did just an amazing job this year (and we talked about doing nothing since we don't have a budget for it), but of course he comes home with something - I don't know what yet because I wanted to wait till this evening to open gifts and celebrate with dinner. He's making salmon - yum! But, even though I got him a couple of things (this year it's "leather" and "jade" and no, I did not get him leather jade underpants like he suggested - ha!), I still feel like I am the WORST at gift-giving, I never have clever ideas, and all the things I'd really love to get him we can't afford!



So, Arlie made us cards this morning and they cracked me up. Besides the obvious spelling mistakes (Happy Anavurisry), here is what they said: (on my card) To M-L from Arlie. Happy Anavursiry. Who's Anavursiry Yours. I spelled Anavursiry very wrong next time I will ask. (inside) Happy Anavursiry (many times over, then...) Wow 3 years seems like a lot of years with a new man in your life o well that's just 3 yars of love most of the time JK love Arlie. Then, Jeff's card says: (on the front) Happy Anavursiry. I spelt annavursiry super wrong thats ok Im only 11. Wow 3 years of LOVE (written in a heart with fancy letters). Then, on the inside: (a picture of a heart with Jeff and I in it with "love" written all around). Happy Anavursiry Dad. I hope you enjoy M-L for the rest of your life and forever. Not that you don't enjoy her. Happy Anavursiry love your daughter Arlie. PRICELESS!!! :)



Ok, gotta run. Yoga, coffee, then I'm playing maid all day because my house is FILTHY!!! Dentist appts. later, then finally dinner and little celebration at home. Maybe a movie?

No comments: