Thursday, September 3, 2009

Told Ya So!

So, as I said in my previous post, Jeff is AMAZING at gift-giving. And knowing we are on a tight budget, he managed to do all his shopping at Fred Meyer, and all his research on About.com. So, he researched all the "things" that symbolize a third anniversary and here is what he got me (I'm going to quote from the card he wrote): The traditional anniversary gift for year #3 is leather (leather portfolio journal). Unlike our financial situation, leather represents the durability of our marriage. The modern gift is crystal or glass (glass vase and candle holder). Sorry I couldn't afford crystal because crystal, more than glass, is multifaceted and dazzling which is supposed to be a reminder of how as a couple in a meaningful marriage we can touch the lives of others which is definitely true of us. The gemstone is pearls. I found these darker fresh water pearls (pearl necklace and earrings) appealing because they are cool and look like something you would wear and I can see traces of jade in them. Jade is also the gem and color of the third year of marriage. I found a jade colored candle to put in your vase/candle holder because I couldn't find any fuschias, the 3rd anniversary flower. I love you. Thank you for putting up with me throughout the last 3 years. It will only get better. xoxo Jeff.
I mean, really? Could he be any more awesome?

As for me? Well, I got him a leather bookmark, a leather belt, a jade green workout shirt and black workout pants. Oh, and Godiva truffles. But his favorite gift? I picked out and printed a bunch of photos of different 1968 Ford trucks (his dream car!) and wrote "Jeff's Truck" on it. He loved it and is taking it to work so he can look at it every day and hopefully make that dream a reality soon!

Also, he cooked dinner (amazing pasta dish, potato and green bean dish, focaccia bread) and now we're off to eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream for dessert! What a nice anniversary!

4 comments:

Mimi/Papa said...

Happy Anniversary a little late! I had to write to you and say that Alex is going to have quite a few comments on this one!! ahhahahaha I think it's a grea idea and you should take a pic of the two of you every year with your sign!! The pic is the cutest!! Love you guys...we also hope you have a long and happy life together. So different that in the past, isn't it? Enjoy each other all you can. We'll be hitting on 47 together in a few months, so we know the feeling of a lasting love and long life together! Mom and Dad

jeff said...

Wow. I din't know that you would quote me on the blog.

Love you! Happy anniversary to us!

MAMMA said...

Hapee Annuversury!!!!!

Love M2

Sydney said...

Happy Anniversary! I used the "paper" theme for our first anniversary, but I like the idea of keeping it up. I will have to research and see what all the themes are for # 2 in a couple of months! Love you guys!